Re: New package: tclhttpd

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 16:38 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 17:27 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:15:16 -0700, Wart wrote:

jfontain free fr wrote:

... into fedora-extras. Any willing souls want to give it a review?

One obvious thing:

Release: 1%{?dist}

I gathered from a few other threads on this list that %{?dist} wasn't supposed to be added until the package gets checked into CVS?

Again, why? It doesn't matter. The '?' in %{?dist} makes it empty if a 'dist' macro is undefined. With current cvs-import.sh script, though, apparently you should not expect %{?dist} to do anything useful, i.e. your imported files would be tagged as release 1, without any dist tag being appended automatically.

If someone has built their SRPM in an environment in which dist is defined, the SRPM that they import into CVS will have the expanded macro in the release tag.

And what? It doesn't matter ...

From what I gather from the DistTag guidelines (http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DistTag), %{dist} can be completely removed from the spec file and the build system will magically make sure that the resulting binary rpm is named appropriately. If that's the case, then I'll leave it out unless there is a real reason that it needs to be there.

--Wart