Build system - what is it working on right now?

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Jun 30 18:51:04 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 20:47 +0200, Oliver Falk wrote:

> > > Hmpf... Dcbw? Is this the new bsys? I guess. Oh, it would
> > > be fine to have it on the new system...
> > >

> > dcbw - he's a person - dan williams who has been doing some
> > neat and kickass work on buildsystem code for fedora extras.
>
> This means, you trust Dan's code more than your own!? :-P
>
> Jost kidin'...

no it means the code I had in place was a first iteration. It gets the
job done but it needs to be better and more expansive and as in most
rapid prototyping you throw the first one away.

Dan has had more time and the benefit of the experience we've had from
the existing system.

Do I admit that the code Dan has written is programmatically more
attractive and better than mine. Abso-frelling-lutely. Does this mean I
suck? No.

-sv