Re: New package: tclhttpd

Ville Skyttä wrote:
On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 10:48 -0700, Michael Thomas wrote:

I just took a look at the spec file in the tcl src rpm

tcl is in Core.  That's not built by the same build system as Extras.

and it does not include %{?dist} in the Release tag. From this I gather that the build system has some other magic that it uses to add the .fc4 segment to the resulting binary rpm.

Hum, I don't see any .fc4 segment in the release tag of the tcl package
I have installed.  It's tcl-8.4.9-3.

My bad. I picked a bad example. But now that I look at the naming of the RPMs in extras, I see that it does indeed contain a mix of packages with fc4, and without. I was under the mistaken impression that all packages in -extras needed to have the .fc4 segment in the binary rpm name.

--Wart