Re: Request for review: rinetd

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Ville Skytta wrote:

> Minor issue, and FWIW, as we do not have any hard LSB compliancy
> requirements:  According to how I read LSB, reload should not restart
> the service, ie. not bring it up if it's not running.  And force_reload
> should only reload (or restart) if the service is running (I missed this
> in my package too).
> http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_2.1.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/iniscrptact.html

Hmm, that's pretty much counter to every init script in Fedora (or at
least to the ones I spot-checked) ;-)

/usr/share/fedora/template.init also violates this, as it does:

restart() {
    stop
    start
}

reload() {
    restart
}

force_reload() {
    restart
}

What are people's thoughts on this? Do we really want LSB-compliant init
scripts? Or see what falls out from Harald's init redo stuff?

later,
chris