PLT Scheme in Extras

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Mar 7 11:11:29 UTC 2005

Gérard Milmeister wrote:

> I have an nvidia card using the closed nvidia driver. This driver
> doesn't use any /dev/dri devices. I think this completely depends on the
> driver, so the problem lies with your /dev/dri/* not being 666.
> BTW, if anything it is --enable-xrender, not --enable-gl, that would
> cause the problem. Maybe --enable-xrender is not necessary at all, since
> I --disable-xft by default. The reason I do this is, that anti-aliased
> fonts will render too small. They use a old version of wx for their
> interface, and I haven't yet figured out how to set font sizes.

Other applications that use GL can fallback gracefully if it isn't
available.  It is fragile if it crashes.  It would usually crash with no
indication to the user of what happened, since they launched it from the
menu.  I guess it would be nice if this could be fixed later.

Upstream's Linux binaries are compiled with GL too, (but their default
font sizes are larger and easier to read).  We can push the package
after we come to some agreement on the package name, summary and
description.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com