Review needed: ipython, python-quixote, python-durus

Shahms King shahms at shahms.com
Thu Mar 10 22:11:27 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 16:29 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 13:27 -0800, Shahms King wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I just imported ipython, python-quixote and python-durus and it'd be
> > nice if they could be reviewed.
> >

> I looked at python-quixote and python-durus' spec files in detail last
> night.
>
> Nothing out of place that I could find - the only minor nitpick is why
> you have the version defined outside of the Version: field.
>
> -sv

I assume you mean the '%define srcver 1.2' in the Quixote package. I
thought I'd taken that out, but must have missed that one. The only
reason it was there is that I was packaging Quixote 2.0a4 which violates
the package naming guidelines. I'll remove it now.

Although, that does bring up a point... Quixote is going to release
version 2.0 here shortly and there are a number of backward-incompatible
changes.  The list of required changes to applications is relatively
short.  I'm guessing the correct route is to package it as
"python-quixote2", but that creates more problems for people migrating
from one to the other.  Another option is to just assume that because
the package is so new, there is no one currently using it and just
upgrade, but that sends shivers down my spine (and not in a good
way ;-P)

--
Shahms E. King <shahms at shahms.com>
Multnomah ESD

Public Key:
http://shahms.mesd.k12.or.us/~sking/shahms.asc
Fingerprint:
1612 054B CE92 8770 F1EA  AB1B FEAB 3636 45B2 D75B