Mono Platform

Eric Warnke eric at snowmoon.com
Sun Mar 13 22:42:07 UTC 2005

I don't want to draw this out more than it needs to be ( and I can find
no "legal" list or email anywhere on the sites ).  I'm just confused
with the scope and leadership here.  We are including in FC4 a java
toolchan when not more than a year ago Sun lost it's patent litigation
with Kodak over patents in java and ended up paying $92 million to
license all applicable patents to java.

http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=29303

The GCJ list they also bring out doubts themselves as to Sun's license
to re-implement from standards.

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2004-06/msg00233.html

Without knowing the terms of that agreement and a full review of
gcj/Classpath how do we know that Kodak won't sue RedHat?  To move
forward on the java front and not on mono just seems like playing
favorites here.

Cheers,
Eric