ANNOUNCE: more unmaintained packages

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon Mar 14 19:31:51 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:53:52 -0800, Shahms E. King wrote:

> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/OrphanedPackages
> >
> > New packages added per owner's request. He won't have steady access to a
> > Fedora Core box for quite a while and hence would like to see somebody
> > else to take over these packages:
> >
> >   adns
> >   fortune-mod
> >   gai + gai-pal
> >   python-adns
> >   straw
> >   tla
> >   xmms-cdread
>
> I'll gladly maintain the tla (gnu-arch) package

Noted.

> and might be talked into
> maintaining the {straw, adns, python-adns} triple if no one else stands
> up to do it.

Well, as I see it, there is no run on these packages. So, now that
you've showed interest, the rest of the community hides. ;)

Straw would really benefit from a dedicated maintainer, who works together
with the upstream developers, who have started fixing some of the blocker
bugs mentioned in my previous posting.