Clarification on FE development

D Sievers dsievers at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 18 23:19:36 UTC 2005

I am just posing this question to make it obvious (hopefully).

What is extras/development
(http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/)
and how does it compare to extras/3
(http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/3/)
?

I assume the response is:
This parallels core/development (rawhide)
(http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/)

If that is true, and I would hope it is, this leads me with the
following questions.

1) Are the duplicates going to cleaned up? [python-numeric was moved
into core on FC3->FC4, but is in extras/devel and core/devel]

2) Does this imply a "release" schedule for extras? If so, will there be
a similar "snapshot" of extras/devel that will become extras/4 when FC4
is released?

3) If both of these are true, what happens when new packages are added
to extras? They couldn't then be added to extras/4, since they are new.
Will there be a extras/4/updates that new packages do into? It appears
that occasionally a new package would appear in core/updates, but often
only when a package was split or that the update had new dependencies.

Okay, truly, I apologize for all the questions, especially because I am
sure that this is still being decided.

Thank you for your time, and lastly, I think you all are doing an
excellent job on the Extras Front :)

Doug Sievers