Re: Getting mono into FC extras

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 14:05 +0000, Paul wrote:
>AIUI, MS have said that people can use the .NET framework without any
>sort of restriction - which includes on non MS platforms.

Just to reiterate this point:

If someone gets this from Microsoft (the patent holder) in writing, in
the form of a legally binding unrestricted patent grant permitting free
(as in beer) redistribution and use, we can revisit Mono for inclusion.

Same goes for Thomson and mp3.

DVD is a little ickier because of the DMCA.

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!