xfce 4.2.1 packages available

Kevin Fenzi kevin-fedora-extras at scrye.com
Sun Mar 20 22:43:10 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Warren" == Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> writes:

Warren> Please check CVS commits, because I have made tiny changes to
Warren> these packages: dbh libxfce4mcs libxfce4util libxfcegui4
Warren> xfce-mcs-manager xfce-mcs-plugins xfce4-panel xfce4-iconbox
Warren> xfce4-systray xfce-utils

Noted.

Warren> More review comments...

Warren> xffm -Requires: libxfce4mcs >= %{version} -Requires:
Warren> libxfce4util >= %{version} -Requires: libxfcegui4 >=
Warren> %{version} +Requires: libxfce4mcs >= 4.0.5 +Requires:
Warren> libxfce4util >= 4.0.5 +Requires: libxfcegui4 >= 4.0.5 This
Warren> makes no sense.

Agreed. That was in the 4.0.6 version of the spec I based this one
on.

However, we may need to change all of them to explicitly require 4.2.1
for those libraries. This is due to the fact that xfpanel had a nasty
bug so they released a 4.2.1.1 version of it. At least in that package
we should require 4.2.1 or >. This one is fine to be %{version} for
now.

Warren> BuildRequires: dbh-devel >= 1.0 Remove the version.

Why? If the package needs verion 1.0 of the lib or higher to build we
should list that, shouldn't we?

Thats from the upstream spec.

Warren> Please start again with xffm from Core devel CVS.
Warren> than at redhat.com committed some kind of menu fix patch that you
Warren> might need here.

ok.

Done. Ready for another round.

Warren> xfprint Please look at core devel CVS.  You're missing: - get
Warren> rid of useless static library - add missing ldconfig Otherwise
Warren> looks OK.

ok.
Fixed. Ready for more review.

Warren> xfwm4 Please start again from Core devel CVS.  Do you disagree
Warren> with the Fedora defaults in that package?  Please bring back
Warren> the entire changelog.  It is impolite to remove credit of past
Warren> work.

Agreed.
I had used the 4.0.6 package spec to base mine off.
:(

I have readded the changelog, and I have resetup the bluecurve patch,
so bluecurve should be the default theme again.

Warren> xfwm4-themes I suppose this is fine, except please bring back
Warren> the changelog entries.

Done.

Warren> gtk-xfce-engine xfcalendar xfce4-appfinder xfce4-icon-theme
Warren> xfce4-mixer xfce4-session xfce4-toys xfce4-trigger-launcher
Warren> These I have not yet reviewed, will try to get to it tomorrow.

Thanks,

Warren> Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com

kevin