x86_64 blocks i386?

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon Mar 21 03:04:42 UTC 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:04:42 -0500, seth vidal wrote:

> > Well, gpgme03 here only fails when built in mach. And I assume that
> > gpgme fails for the same reason.
> >
> > [How about mass-rebuilding all of Fedora Extras 3 in mach to see how far it
> > comes?]
> >

> You planning on manifesting processor time and MY time out of nowhere?
>
> How about not volunteering my time for me? How about that?
>
> -sv

Relax, Seth. Don't turn onto the dark side.

I've spent quite some time on debugging weird build problems in mach
before (maybe you recall that the fedora.us build system was based on a
modified mach). Sometimes I saw myself forced to debug a problem,
because otherwise I could only have rejected a package and said "sorry,
we are unable to build it". And hence I'm concerned that packagers are
confronted with unexpected build failures again. Maybe you are not used
to me complaining in public. But actually I think, with some topics,
more transparency is beneficial.