anyone working on Request Tracker, rt3?

Dennis Gregorovic dgregor at redhat.com
Mon Mar 21 15:14:53 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 17:52 -0800, Michael Peters wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:47:37 -0500, seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, precisely. Whether this means a daily build of CPAN modules into a
> > > yum repo,
> >
> > good idea.
>
> I second that notion - java stuff has jpackage.org, something for perl
> by perl pepes would be sweat. The more commonly used modules probably
> should be in core/extras - but bleeding edge versions and obscure
> modules could be in something for perl people by perl people.

I disagree that obscure modules should not be in Extras.  I haven't seen
any guidelines stating a minimum level of popularity needed for a
package to be included in Extras.  The criteria for Perl modules should
not be different.  If someone is willing to maintain an obscure Perl
module, I don't see a problem with that.

Cheers
-- Dennis