--with switches in CVS

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Mar 21 19:01:31 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 17:01 +0100, Aurelien Bompard wrote:
> I've looked at Makefile.common, and I can't find a way to specify --with
> build switches, short or redefining RPM_WITH_DIRS of course (which is not
> really handy)
> Could we have something like:
> make i386 WITH="mysql"
> which would expand to:
> rpmbuild [...] --with mysql specfile.spec
> We'll also have to deal with multiple arguments in the WITH variable, so I
> guess a for loop adding "--with $element" for each space-separated element
> in WITH could work.

In general, I'm pretty against anything like this being used with
packages going through the build system.  It makes the output of the
build system a lot less deterministic.  Even for building test packages
like this (especially as I'd like to get make i386, etc using the mach
setup eventually so that it all but exactly mirrors what you'd get out
of the buildsystem)

Jeremy