perls SOAP-Lite - can I tell rpm not to include extraneous dependancy?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Mar 21 21:32:59 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 15:17 -0600, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 15:58 -0500, Hunter Matthews wrote:
> > I'm trying to package perl's SOAP-Lite module and running into trouble.
> >
> > Despite the fact that I've configured the module to not worry about
> > MQClient, during the install/dep check stage rpm is detecting
> > perl(MQClient::MQSeries) as a dependancy.
> >
> > Is there a good idiom to tell rpm "ignore this or that perl dep?"
>
> Not really. You'll probably need to do:
> AutoReqProv:    no
>
> And manually specify all your dependencies. Be thorough, and you should
> be ok.

A (slightly) better way to do this is to include another source like the
attached from perl-libwww-perl and then in your spec file, put something
like

Source10: filter-depends.sh
%define _use_internal_dependency_generator 0
# Provide perl-specific find-{provides,requires}.
%define __find_provides /usr/lib/rpm/find-provides.perl
%define __find_requires %{SOURCE10}

This will let you filter out what you want without having to specify
everything by hand.

Jeremy