Fedora extras and opensource games with shareware datafiles

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Mar 30 08:10:10 UTC 2005

Hi,

Can opensourced game-engines such as doom, heretic and descent which
come with freely distributable shareware gamedata files, be a part of
Fedora extras?

I would like to package and maintain a number of these as part of Fedora
extras.

For example take a look at my d1x packaging attempt at:
http://jwrdegoede.freesuperhost.com/

And then follow the SRPMS link, there also is a signed md5sum file
there. I can't give you a direct link because of the freehosting
service, sorry about that, but my ISP has given me plenty quota, but
doesn't allow files larger then 1 Mb (GRRRR). I've also got a signed
md5sum available at my more trust inspiring ISP hosted page:
http://www.home.zonnet.nl/jwrdegoede/d1x-1.43-0.lvn.1.src.rpm.md5sum

md5sum:
ff2678e84b73388d793d3d6203666966  d1x-1.43-0.lvn.1.srpm

Regards,

Hans