Build problems on x86_64

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Thu May 19 10:58:01 UTC 2005

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 05:28 -0500, Quentin Spencer wrote:
>

>> Is there any possible
>>explanation other than a bug in gcc?
>>

>Yes, broken inline asm, bug in as, bug in g++, bug in libstdc++
>(templates can contain inline asm), invalid source code, etc.

Shouldn't g++ catch invalid source code? If it builds on another arch
(completed on ppc, and builds on my i386), doesn't that exclude invalid
source code as a possible cause here?

>You will want to have a look into the preprocessed sources
>(gcc -save-temps) and check for the origin of this complaint.

Since I don't have access to x86_64 hardware, I really don't know how to
proceed. Before filing a bug against g++, I would like to isolate the
problem a little more. Suggestions?

-Quentin