Review Request: inadyn

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Tue May 3 15:55:42 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-01 at 20:42 +0200, Jochen Schmitt wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 19:08:47 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >Nope, still didn't work. I went to DynDNS's website, created the host
> >entry as 127.0.0.1, and still got the same output from inadyn.
>
> Sorry, it deficuilt to find out your prbleme without knewing your
> environment.
>
> For my tests, I have done the following.
>
> 1.) Start up the PPPoE connection.
>
> 2.) Start up inadyn.
>
> 3.) make a ping to the registered dynDNS hostname.
>
> I think, it's very important, to start inadyn after the interface
> to the official internet is up.

Yes, this is pretty much exactly what I was doing. I'd love to be able
to give you more diagnostics, but as I said all it gives is a mutilated
log entry. I'm going to look into the source to see what I can do about
this.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/