make tag and %{?dist}

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed May 4 04:58:13 UTC 2005

> One would hope so, but it doesn't. One would think the build system
> could bump the release number too, but it doesn't. It's still a manual
> error prone process dependent on spec file editing, CVS commits, and
> make tags. The good news is the build system won't accept duplicates.
>
> Caveat: My comments refer to the core build system, I believe Seth is
> working on a build system for extras and perhaps he has addressed this
> issue. However, it would be a shame if the core build system and the
> extras build system were divergent in such a fundamental way.

No, the things I'm working on do not provide such functionality. And if
you want the core and extras buildsystems to not be divergent then you
can take the following actions:
 1. release the beehive code
 2. have people who have seen what it is that beehive does work on the
buildsystem code for fedora extras
 3. get more people to give a shit.

-sv