-Lxxxxx/lib64

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Fri May 6 05:58:04 UTC 2005

Hi,

In order to get Glide3 to build on x86_64 I need to add
-L/usr/X11R6/lib64 to the CFLAGS. Now I know (think) that adding this
for other archs is not a problem since those have xxx/lib64 it will
effectivly do nothing.

I wonder however what will happen if I add this and leave xxx/lib in the
library-path on x86_64 and the i386 version of the library is also
installed. Will the linker do the right thing, IOW will the linker only
use x86_64 libs when linking an x86_64 app/lib?

Thanks & Regards,

Hans