Self-Introduction: Paul Howarth

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri May 6 10:58:32 UTC 2005

Hi there,

I'm Paul Howarth from Manchester (UK) and would like to be a Fedora
Extras developer. I've already registered on the accounts page and
submitted the license agreement successfuly.

I'm currently employed as a chip designer by a company called Xyratex,
who are in Storage and Networking. However, my activities as a developer
are done in my spare time and are not company-related.

I currently maintain the Red Hat/Fedora RPM packages for the following
projects:

* libspf2 (http://www.libspf2.org/)
* GTorrentViewer (http://gtorrentviewer.sourceforge.net/index.html)
* PPTP Client (http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/)

I would eventually like to port these packages into Extras, starting
with PPTP Client, which enables Unix/Linux systems to connect to
Microsoft VPN servers. I am also happy to help with QA for other packages.

I'm quite familar with C, sh and awk, but tend to focus more on
packaging than actual development these days. To this end, I currently
maintain my own repository of packages, which I use to keep my own home
and work systems updated (http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/).

I am also a regular contributor on fedora-list

GPG details:
pub  1024D/161C06B1 1997-09-25 Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>
      Key fingerprint = A511 62B6 9B79 580C E0B9  1770 7A65 92CF 161C 06B1
uid                            Paul Howarth <paul_howarth at xyratex.com>
sub  2048g/CA62663C 1997-09-25

Would anyone care to sponsor me for CVS access?

Cheers, Paul.