FC4 Status and the addition of PPC arch

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat May 7 22:49:31 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 06:57 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Why not normally omit the architecture there completely? Then nobody
> can forget ppc ;-)
>
> It seems in 95-98% of the cases the rebuilding was done (and should be
> done) for all archs supported. For the other 2-5% we simply could
> write:

Seriously, we should be following a policy of requiring a bug number to
be given as 'excuse' for any architecture exclusion.

Since the wiki page seems to be obsolescent, I suspect we should just be
using ExclusiveArch: or ExcludeArch: directives in specfiles now instead
of listing architectures in the build requests. So the bug number should
be in the specfile too, referring to the 'excuse' for omitting certain
architectures.

Even if it's a GCC bug which prevents a build on a given architecture,
causing you to temporarily exclude that arch -- make _sure_ the bug is
filed, and refer to it in your specfile along with the exclusion.

--
dwmw2