Fedora Extras development Package Build Report

Christian.Iseli at licr.org Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Tue May 10 13:59:18 UTC 2005

skvidal at phy.duke.edu said:
> On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 15:35 +0200, Christian.Iseli at licr.org wrote:
> > Out of curiosity: how quickly can the entries be removed from the file ?
> > IOW, is it an edge driven, or a state driven process ?
> I'm not familiar with these terms so I can't tell you which it is.

Sorry, let me try to explain:
 - edge driven would mean that the mere fact of adding an entry to the cvs
   file (even if the entry is deleted immediately afterward) is enough to
   trigger a build.  In this case, the person requesting a build can delete
   the entry right after requesting a "make build".  The key point is that the
   entry *is added* to the cvs file at some point.
 - state driven would mean that some process parses the file from time to time
   (aka polling) and builds whatever entries are found in the file at that
   time.  In this case, the person requesting a build needs to wait for the
   build system to have at least started the build before removing the entry.
   The key point is that the entry *is* in the cvs file at some point.

Cheers,
					Christian