Approval needed again: SCIM

Konstantin Ryabitsev mricon at gmail.com
Mon May 16 18:51:20 UTC 2005

On 5/16/05, Ryo Dairiki <ryo-dairiki at mbm.nifty.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've rewritten the specfile.
> Could you review it?
>
> Please visit here and check it:
> http://briefcase.yahoo.co.jp/bc/ryo_dairiki/lst?.dir=/

Good day:

I've reviewed the specfile, and there are several improvement
suggestions I have. See
http://phy.duke.edu/~icon/misc/fedora-extras/scim.spec.patch for the
patch. Notably:

1. PreReq is not required, as everything listed there is assumed to
exist on the core system.
2. gtk2-devel will pull in everything else via dependencies.
3. It's best to use mkdir with -m 755 just in case there are odd
umasks in place.
4. rm ${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}/%{_libdir}/scim-1.0/*/*/*.{a,la} wasn't
finding all the .a files, so I replaced it with a more general find
statement.
5. ${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}/ : no {} required and no / on the end, as
%{_bindir} and other macros already start with a /.
6. I've tried to make the specfile conform to the 80-character width
limit for readability, wherever possible.
7. Several files were listed twice, which I fixed.

Thanks for your work!

Cheers,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Zlotniks, INC

"В нашем деле за это бьют подсвечниками." --Фукс