NIS server tool

Glen Kaukola glen at mail.cert.ucr.edu
Tue May 17 18:28:52 UTC 2005

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 13:07 -0700, glen at mail.cert.ucr.edu wrote:
>
>>Hi there,
>>
>>So I put together a little app for configuring an NIS server, and I was hoping
>>to get it into Fedora extras.  You can check it out here by the way:
>>http://pah.cert.ucr.edu/~glen/system-config-nis.tar.bz2
>>
>>In looking at the extras site it looks like I'll need someone to sponser me
>>before I can get my junk added to extras, and so I was hoping someone could
>>sponser me, or at least let me know what else I need to do at this point to get
>>my package accepted.
>

> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/NewPackageProcess
>
> The first step would be to actually create a package, and not just have
> a tarball for it.

Well, if you open the tarball up, you'll see that I've tried to do just
that.  I have a spec file and all.  But I'm still having trouble getting
xgettext to work on my python code so I can do the internationalization
junk.  And I really don't get it, the same command seems to work just
fine on the python code from redhat-config-rootpassword, but on my code
it doesn't spit out anything.  So maybe someone could lend a hand here?

Oh, and I reorginized my web stuff a little, so you can grab the thing
here now:
http://pah.cert.ucr.edu/~glen/config_tools/system-config-nis.tar.bz2