New package: rblcheck

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Thu May 19 14:32:29 UTC 2005

Hi Paul!

[ ... ]
> No specific URLs I'm afraid.
>
> rblcheck-zones.patch:
> I made this myself and it's responsible for most of the
> changelog entries, as I add and remove lists as and when they
> appear and disappear. I changed the text "RBL filtered by" to
> "listed by" because
> (a) it's more accurate, and (b) "RBL" is a trademark of MAPS LLC.

OK. This moved to rblcheck-texttweak.patch and for the default lists I
created a %{_sysconfdir}/rblcheckrc. This is - of course - easier to
maintain than patchin' around. :-)

> rblcheck-names.patch
> Comes from a post to the rblcheck-users mailing list. See:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=1371771&forum_id=4256

OK, added a comment to the specfile.

> rblcheck-txt.patch
> I made this to fix the broken code for looking up TXT
> records, and the code is borrowed from Ian Gulliver's
> "firedns" library (GPL), which can be found at: http://firestuff.org/

For this too, added a comment.

So running rbl <somehost> will check %{_sysconfdir}/rblcheckrc (where the
default lists you patched in) reside now and afterwards read in
~/.rblcheckrc (as usual).

So, Paul, I would be pleased to see you updating the rblcheckrc if I get an
approval for the rblcheck package :-)

And for the folks who had a look at the package allready/will have a look at
the package to approve it. Please note, that I just updated it at:
http://filelister.linux-kernel.at/mod_perl?current=/packages/FC_EXTRAS_APPRO
VAL/rblcheck

Best,
 Oliver