New package: balsa

Pawel Salek pawsa at theochem.kth.se
Sat May 21 19:20:16 UTC 2005

On 05/20/2005 11:30:15 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2005 18:55:45 +0000, Pawel Salek wrote:
> [snip]
> > srpm passes rpmlint test with on only one insignificant message
> related
> > to gmime. The balsa package is basically the same as used to be
> > included in Fedora Core 3, apart from the version upgrade.
>
> ...and a ~7 KiB unified diff against the last version from Rawhide.
> ;)
> Haven't examined all those changes yet.

Changes can be divided into four groups:
- reorder the headers to match the fedora spec template from
fedora-rpmdevtools-1.0-1 and smp-specific macros.

- remove some alpha-architecture and autoconf.sh related dead wood (we
now always distribute configure script with the tarball).

- upgrade-related, eg: add gtk-update-icon-cache to %post.

- spec file contains the changelog as managed by balsa project - but I
guess I can cut it out to make it fair :).

> [snip]
> Simple rpmbuild --rebuild failed here. Build requirements may be
> missing.
> At least:
>
> checking for
> glib-2.0
> gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4
> gmime-2.0 >= 2.1.9
> libgnome-2.0 libgnomeui-2.0
>    gnome-vfs-2.0 gnome-vfs-module-2.0 libbonobo-2.0
>    libgnomeprint-2.2 >= 2.1.4 libgnomeprintui-2.2 >= 2.1.4
> ... Package libgnomeprint-2.2 was not found in the pkg-config search
> path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing
> `libgnomeprint-2.2.pc'
> No package 'libgnomeprint-2.2' found

Thanks for finding it - this part is actually same as in FC3 spec file
:). I guess I should go through the entire procedure of finding the
dependencies... For now, I replace the balsa.spec file

http://balsa.gnome.org/balsa.spec has the checksum:

1afe5cecb6cd66f3316f61e79588f2fe  balsa.spec

Pawel