New package: meanwhile

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue May 24 14:42:16 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 16:34 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> * The "description-line-too-long" ought to be corrected. Keep
> the lines under 80 columns. That avoids ugly staircase effects
> if no assumption about maximum length of lines or auto-wrapping
> (block-text) is made.

I saw that error, but I went and checked the line length in the %
description, and while they were right at 80, none were longer. I
checked -qip on the package and it didn't stairstep, so I ignored it.

> * %post/%postun scriptlets miss dependency on /sbin/ldconfig,
>    change them to -p /sbin/ldconfig (as in patch below) to get
>    an automatic dependency

/sbin/ldconfig is in glibc. How exactly will a running system not have
glibc? Simply by compiling this, it will pull in glibc as a Requires.
There isn't any need to -p /sbin/ldconfig to achieve the same thing.

(I agree with Michael's other points)

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!