Volunteering to maintain proj and shapelib packages

Shawn McCann mccann0011 at hotmail.com
Wed May 25 03:47:44 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm looking to get involved in the Fedora project and was drawn to the list
of packages needing a maintainer. As I've used proj and shapelib before,
volunteering to maintain them seems a good place to start.

I'm located in Vancouver, Canada and started working with UNIX and C about
15 years ago. Since then I evolved into C++, then Java and finally J2EE
based web systems.  I first used Linux many years ago when I installed Red
Hat 2.1 on my home computer. I got back into it again with Red Hat 8 and am
now running FC3 on my laptop and home server.

The company I work for builds systems around the world in various domains,
especially for remote sensing from satellites. I've recently been working
with on projects to deploy Linux (RHEL) and GIS systems in developing
countries, hence my renewed interest in the discussions on adding GRASS to
Fedora Extras.

I haven't applied for CVS access yet but will do so as soon someone
indicates that this would be worthwhile.

Regards

Shawn