Request for review: Enlightenment DR17 + EFL

Didier Casse elprodigio at gmail.com
Mon May 30 05:52:59 UTC 2005

On 5/30/05, John Ellson <ellson at research.att.com> wrote:
> Didier Casse wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >     I would like to have a review on the  Enlightenment DR17 package
> >+ the accompanying Enlightenment Foundation Library packages (EFL).
> >

> Dependency problem:
>
>     $ rpmbuild -ba emotion.spec
>     error: Failed build dependencies:
>             xine-lib-devel is needed by
> emotion-0.0.1.003-1.20050530.e17.fc3.x86_64
>
> xine-lib-devel is not provided by Fedora-Core or Fedora-Extras.

arrgggh :-(

This is not a problem if you want to install enlightenment. It doesn't
really need emotion. But goodies like

eclair --- EFL powered media player
engage --- Cool docker that resembles OSX in some ways
e_utils --- Utilities: e17setroot/emblem/entangle/e_util_app_edit
(Well these ones can be a necessity!)

and things like

ewl --- Widget library
examine--- config interface

cannot be installed. Is there a possibility that somebody maintains
xine in FC extras?

--
Cheers,
Didier.

Yum/apt repository for DR17/EFL: http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe

Didier F.B Casse
PhD candidate, Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
National University of Singapore.