Everyone ready for wxGTK 2.6? [was Re: The future of wxGTK in Extras]

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Fri Nov 4 17:00:08 UTC 2005

Christoph Wickert wrote:
> What I wonder after reading this is: If GTK1.2 support will be dropped,
> what is supposed to happen to packages depending on the GKT1.2 part of
> wxGTK like amule (from livna)?

I maintain amule in livna. Amule can be compiled with the GTK2 version of
wxGTK, but upstream warns that it is less tested and that it eats much more
memory.
So there is still a way to have amule work even if GTK1.2 support is
discontinued. Are there packages strictly dependent on wxGTK/GTK1.2 ?

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
Programmer: A biological system designed to convert coffee and pizza
into code.