Buildsys issues

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Nov 6 13:47:32 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 15:27 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> Some build system issues:
>
> noarch jobs seem to be built in the ppc builder, which is probably the
> slowest of them all and a strong bottleneck candidate.  Shouldn't they
> be built on hammer[123] instead?
>
> The ppc/devel build host can't resolve "perl(XML::DOM) >= 1.29".  A
> package providing "perl(XML::DOM) = 1.44" was built yesterday and
> released today.  It couldn't be resolved today before pushing the
> package, nor about 1 hour after pushing it to the public repo.
>
> Repository generation takes much too long.  It was a bit under 30
> minutes for FC-4 and devel each, and 15ish for FC-3.  repoview seems to
> be the culprit, taking 25+ minutes of the 30 mentioned above.  So,
> totally, one full push takes roughly 1.5 hours, during which human input
> is needed at start, between each of FC-3, FC-4, devel generation, and at
> the end.  Very tedious.

So if we take repoview out of the process it only takes 5 minutes for
the process? If so then maybe we should have repoview run on
fedoraproject.org at regular intervals to limit the need for a person to
be in front of it.

Another option is I could look through the repoview code and see why it
is taking so long.

-sv