Buildsys issues

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Nov 6 16:38:17 UTC 2005

Am Sonntag, den 06.11.2005, 08:47 -0500 schrieb seth vidal:
> On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 15:27 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > Some build system issues:
>>[...]
> > Repository generation takes much too long.  It was a bit under 30
> > minutes for FC-4 and devel each, and 15ish for FC-3.  repoview seems to
> > be the culprit, taking 25+ minutes of the 30 mentioned above.  So,
> > totally, one full push takes roughly 1.5 hours, during which human input
> > is needed at start, between each of FC-3, FC-4, devel generation, and at
> > the end.  Very tedious.
>[...]
> Another option is I could look through the repoview code and see why it
> is taking so long.

This reminds me of something else:

Why do we have a repoview per arch? IMHO it would it be a lot easier to
read and browse the repoview-files if we would have one general
interface for all archs.

Each package description should then of course have a section like this:

"This package is available for these archs:
i386 <download  link>
x86_64 <download link>
ppc <download link>
"

Similar to how thias does it on freshrpms, for example:
http://stentz.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=70

Build date                   Package
27 Apr 2005 Homepage Download frozen-bubble-1.0.0-8.2.fc4.i386.rpm
31 May 2005 Homepage Download frozen-bubble-1.0.0-8.2.fc4.ppc.rpm
28 Apr 2005 Homepage Download frozen-bubble-1.0.0-8.2.fc4.x86_64.rpm

Creating the repoview-html-files like this would probably also faster
because it only has to create the files once, and not two (FC3) or three
(FC4, devel) times a lot of mostly similar files per arch.

Just my 2 cent.