Buildsys issues

Konstantin Ryabitsev mricon at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 23:11:12 UTC 2005

On 06/11/05, seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> wrote:
> Another option is I could look through the repoview code and see why it
> is taking so long.

Most time is spent in kid routines, generating pages from templates.

There's no easy way to avoid generating pages to check if they have
changed. Even when adding one package, a lot of pages may change, not
just the page for that package -- because of the indexes on the left
and letter index on top. I can try something that would track the data
that goes into generating each page, but last time I tried that,
setting up and handling tracking routines created lots of extra code,
and didn't particularly sped up the things.

The alternative would be the frames, but that brings in the suckage
that is frames, including linking nightmares.

I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev