Buildsys issues

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 7 00:30:39 UTC 2005

> How about something entirely different.  Rather than distributing
> thousands of files from repoview, instead make a central website that
> displays info about the packages.  It could be either database generated
> dynamic or pre-generated static pages.  One official site can have all
> of this package info, and the source exists for anybody to make their
> own mirror easily.

1. the point of the repoview format was to be mirrorable
2. it was intended to be infrastructure-less and to work with the
existent layout of things.
3. distributing this info out onto the mirrors means we do not have a
single point of failure - like we have with fedoratracker and friends.
Any mirror is browseable using this layout.

-sv