packaging mpich2 -- conflicts with lam and file layoutb

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Nov 9 00:01:15 UTC 2005

Le mardi 08 novembre 2005 à 11:42 -0500, Deji Akingunola a écrit :
> Hi Tom,
>
> > I'd rather do this:
> >
> > %{_libdir}/${MPI_IMPL_NAME}/
> > %{_includedir}/${MPI_IMPL_NAME}/
> >
> > And use something like alternatives to manage the binaries, without
> > putting them in a "magic" dir that violates the FHS.
> >
> If I understand you very well, you mean doing it the jpackage/java way
> - putting the _bindir, _libdir, and _includedir in
> %{_libdir}/${MPI_IMPL_NAME}/ - is discouraged and should not be used ?

The jpackage/java way is dictated by jvm internal structures
Restructuring jvm roots was fun enough without touching their internals
If we could have we'd have fully FHSed them, but it was a bit difficult
given the lack control we have on upstream binaries, and all the stuff
that "knows" how a jvm is supposed to be structured

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot