Software to add ?

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Oct 10 19:19:20 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 19:46 +0200, Eric Tanguy wrote:
> Le lundi 10 octobre 2005 à 12:37 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway a écrit :

> > > Concerning qucs : this project seems to be very promising! I found a rpm
> > > for fc4 (http://www.sp5pbe.waw.pl/~sp5smk/qucs.html) but the
> > > availability of the website is quiet low. If nobody wants to own it i
> > > can try but i have no idea how to realize a good spec file for fc4.
> >
> > Start packaging! We'll help you out, and you'll get better at it with
> > every attempt. :)
> >
> > ~spot
> Ok but i know nothing about spec and the first thing i think is to use
> the actual spec file made by Wojciech Kazubski (i used already it to
> install qucs in my system) but i don't know how to do that because it's
> its own work. After that I don't know how to submit the spec file and
> the src.rpm to the community to eliminate the mistakes.
> That's all what i see for now.

Hi Eric,

All packagers have to start somewhere!  I made lots of mistakes getting
started and still do make plenty of mistakes.  ;-)

The "rules" for Fedora packaging are not too hard:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras

there are many spec-file examples in Fedora Extras CVS, and (as Spot
said) you will certainly get some help if you make an effort.  So dive
in and give it a try!  ;-)

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD