mock ?'s

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Oct 7 05:36:08 UTC 2005

> Be sure to back up your current version of mock.  This patch was diffed
> against the CVS version of mock.
>
> Next tasks are:
>
> 1. What to do with root.log and build.log?
> 2. Revamp execution of build_log(self, content), root_log(self, content)
> stuff.  Since now every do() operation can be logged line-by-line into
> any log file.

okay. So let's take a step back:

the reason for the separate build and root log is b/c the operations are
separate - more times the not you don't need all that info glommed
together. It's nice to be able to JUST look at the build log w/o sifting
through all the other cruft of the chroot install.

I like your patch for providing the information we may want but I don't
think it would be good to put everything in one file. Just make do and
do_chroot require a file handle argument and pass in whichever file
handle it should have (root.log or build.log) based on the command being
run and make a point not to close the file handle at the end.

That sound reasonable?

-sv