Build errors while attempting to build Mozilla Sunbird

John Mahowald jpmahowald at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 23:54:51 UTC 2005

On 10/28/05, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:

> Can you paste in those lines, say from line 340 of nsFontMetricsPS.h to
> about line 355?  It looks like a tightening of the C/C++ standard
> compliance in recent gcc versions to me.  There may be a quick fix for
> it.
>
> Dan

Lines 342 to 359 of the original:

protected:
  PRUint16        mPixelSize;
  FTC_Image_Desc  mImageDesc;
  FT_Library      mFreeTypeLibrary;
  FTC_Manager     mFTCacheManager;
  FTC_Image_Cache mImageCache;

  int     ascent();
  int     descent();
  PRBool  getXHeight(unsigned long &aVal);
  int     max_ascent();
  int     max_descent();
  int     max_width();
  PRBool  superscript_y(long &aVal);
  PRBool  subscript_y(long &aVal);
  PRBool  underlinePosition(long &aVal);
  PRBool  underline_thickness(unsigned long &aVal);
  nsPSFontGenerator*  mPSFontGenerator;

I attempted to apply a patch based on mozilla's
mozilla-freetype-compile.patch but that didn't work.