FUSE - Z80 ROM documentation

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Sep 1 20:36:54 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 21:07 +0200, Iago Rubio wrote:

> May be I'm wrong then, but if it stands as firmware exception, it should
> match: "Explicit permission is given by the owner to freely distribute
> without restrictions".
>
> The restriction to sell it, is - no doubt - a restriction.

Yeah. This is going to be a tricky point, but it is a restriction on
distribution.

You might be able to clarify the situation by contacting the upstream
copyright holder (sinclair? amstrad?) and getting them to provide (in
digital writing) permission to freely distribute the ROMS without any
restriction.

Even getting them just to say "We permit our ROMS to be freely
distributed without restriction" will meet the FE guidelines.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!