FC4 Build error due to libtool la dependency hell on ppc only, fine on i386

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Sep 15 16:09:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm getting the following build error:

Job failed on arch ppc

          Build logs may be found at
http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs//4/1100-gnumeric-1.4.3-2.1/

---

grep: /usr/lib/libxml2.la: No such file or directory
/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libxml2.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libxml2.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[3]: *** [gdaif.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/builddir/build/BUILD/gnumeric-1.4.3/plugins/gda'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/builddir/build/BUILD/gnumeric-1.4.3/plugins'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/builddir/build/BUILD/gnumeric-1.4.3'
make: *** [all] Error 2

---

I know this is caused by libtool dependency hell, the strange thing is I
did a mock build on i386 and that went fine.

Is there anyway to get to the buildroot of failed builds?
Maybe its an idea to save the buildroot of failed builds for a couple of
hours?

Regards,

Hans