bmp/xmms hanging w/ samba

Mike Perry mikepery at fscked.org
Sun Sep 18 08:23:34 UTC 2005

When attempting to play mp3's from my samba share (samba-3.0.14a-2 on
FC4) with xmms or bmp, after about a minute or so of playing the
player stops, as if I had hit pause. If I hit pause twice, it starts
up again where it left off.

This behavior does not happen with mpg123 is being used to play the
same mp3s over the same share.

No error messages show up in dmesg in the client, nor in the logs on
the samba server.

xmms-1.2.10-15.99_2.rhfc4.at (from atrpms)
bmp-0.9.7-10.fc4 (from extras)

Are these lists the proper places to report these issues? I don't see
a bugzilla for either repo. If any more info is needed, let me know.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist