Creative Commons license for pictures

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Tue Sep 27 08:42:59 UTC 2005

Christian Jodar wrote:
> I heard about dual licensing. But I can't understand how it could be used.
> What does it mean having 2 licenses? If they are conflicting points, how
> is it managed?

IANAL, but when software is dual-licensed, you as a user choose the one you
prefer. For example QT is dual-licenced : GPL and proprietary. The GPL
version is free of charge, while the proprietary one has a cost.
If you develop Free software, you will obviously choose the GPL. If you
develop a closed source application, choosing the GPL version would force
you to opensource your app, so you have to choose the proprietary one and
pay for it.

Aurelien.
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
Go away or I will replace you with a very small shell script