Shorewall removed from Fedora Extras

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Tue Sep 27 14:12:41 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 14:46 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 07:20:20 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 12:39 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > > The Fedora Extras Steering Committee has agreed on taking action in
> > > respect of orphaned packages.
> >
> > Erm...  at the moment, that's sort of like saying "The Galactic
> > Federation of Packagers has decided...".  Care to provide minutes on
> > where this was even discussed?
> >
> > NOTE: I have no problem with the decision.  I am simply trying to make a
> > point...
> >
> > josh
> >

> If your post is meant to be funny, I don't get the joke, I'm afraid. In
> case you have any serious questions, feel free to get back to me in
> private.

It seems sarcasm before coffee is not my strong point.  My post was a
jab at the fact that there are no FESCO meeting minutes since Aug. 25th.

I think FESCO is doing a great job, but Extras is a community driven
project.  We need to provide the meeting minutes so that the community
at large can at least see the discussion of such topics.

I hate to keep harping on the same thing, but I think it's important.

josh