Security Response Team / EOL

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Apr 28 09:31:33 UTC 2006

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:53:34 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

> I also think that the organisational separation of core vs extras
> blurs in legacy mode, as legacy for core is already in a community
> driven entity like extras is, so convergence is easier in that
> domain. legacy is a community security response team for core and
> creating a second for extras doesn't sound right, it's better to
> consolidate forces.

Fedora Legacy may be part of the Fedora Project, but apparently they
still run their own servers and are not fully integrated [yet]. That
also means that their updates for FC3 do not show up at
download.fedora.redhat.com and official mirrors thereof. For Fedora
Extras packagers this means, they must follow the separate Fedora
Legacy project for any release of FC which has been declared legacy.

Does the Fedora Extras buildsystem build against Fedora Legacy Updates
for FC3?