RFC: Fedora Extras EOL Policy

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Apr 14 16:55:18 UTC 2006

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:28:14 +0100, Paul wrote:

> 4. The system for getting packages into other branches needs to be
> easier. If I've put version 1.3.4 of package x into rawhide FE and
> version 1.3.2 exists in FE5 and 1.2.4 in FE4, it should be 1.3.4 which
> supercedes everything else - a fresh import should not be required. This
> has the benefit of maintaining the older versions far simpler.

I've read this paragraph thrice, but fail to understand it. :(

Are you saying that keeping the individual source rpm packages for every
branch of FE in CVS is too complicated as it is done currently? Do you
want upgrades/updates in "devel" CVS to propagate to the other branch
directories automatically together with automatic build requests? =:-O

Btw, a "fresh import" is never necessary. Every update can be done
in CVS with ordinary "cvs" commands and the FE Makefile.