RFC: FESCo Future

Michael J. Knox michael at knox.net.nz
Mon Apr 24 03:23:14 UTC 2006

seth vidal wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 21:46 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
>> Yes, I agree.  We want a mix of both old and new members at any one time.
>> That way, we don't get a radical change of plans or focus every year.
>>
>> So, there are some members who want to leave FESCO at the moment.  That is
>> fine.  Thank them for their contributions and let them go.  Then elect
>> enough members to make FESCO a governing body of 13.  Then in 6 months,
>> those that were there already have their term up and you elect another half.
>
> At the risk of sounding pessmistic - do we have 7 new people who
> actually want the jobs? Also how do we handle the issue of security in
> terms of the package-signing key during transitions? Clearly anyone
> outgoing shouldn't keep access to the key.

I would certainly be interested in taking part in FESCO, though I doubt
my current level of presence and suitability in Fedora Extras is
probably not up to par with others, but I do think you would find the
right people easily enough.

Who says that someone _has_ to go at the end of 6months? Can they not be
re-elected if they have been nominated?

Michael