RFC: FESCo Future

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Mon Apr 24 13:11:35 UTC 2006

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 11:12:32PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 21:46 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > Yes, I agree.  We want a mix of both old and new members at any one time.
> > That way, we don't get a radical change of plans or focus every year.
> >
> > So, there are some members who want to leave FESCO at the moment.  That is
> > fine.  Thank them for their contributions and let them go.  Then elect
> > enough members to make FESCO a governing body of 13.  Then in 6 months,
> > those that were there already have their term up and you elect another half.
>
> At the risk of sounding pessmistic - do we have 7 new people who
> actually want the jobs? Also how do we handle the issue of security in
> terms of the package-signing key during transitions? Clearly anyone
> outgoing shouldn't keep access to the key.

I believe the count in the last FESCO meeting turned out to be around that
number.  That's why I suggested much of the above :).

As for the package-signing key issue... good question.  I'd need to know more
to suggest how to handle it though.  I agree that once someone is out, they
should not have access to the key any longer.

josh