Stalled review policy proposal

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Tue Aug 1 04:24:58 UTC 2006

On 7/29/06, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs at math.uh.edu> wrote:
> As discussed at the recent FESCo meeting, I've drawn up a quick policy
> for dealing with stalled reviews.  It's not intended to be
> comprehensive; the idea is to address two main issues that have been
> causing problems in the review process: unresponsive reviewers and
> unresponsive package submitters.

I like.  +1

> The intent is to close the bug so that it can be submitted by someone
> else in a separate bug. If the bug is resubmitted by someone else, it
> is also reasonable to change the resolution on the closed bug to
> DUPLICATE and mark it as a duplicate of the new bug so that reviewers
> of the new ticket can easily find the work that was done on the old
> one.

Would it be possible to, say, close it with a keyword, or have it
blocking something like "FE-DEADREVIEW"?  That way it'd be much easier
to find if someone wants to give the package another shot.  (Or if
people want to generate statistics, etc, etc...)

                       -Chris

--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia