Fixing FC4 bugs

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Aug 9 13:18:27 UTC 2006

Dennis Gilmore schrieb:
> On Wednesday 09 August 2006 05:06, Axel Thimm wrote:
>> what was the policy on legacy bugfixing? FC3 and earlier had been
>> frozen and some special permission was/is needed. The same has
>> happened or will happen with FC4.
>>[...]
> You can always fix your own bugs,  until FE goes EOL.

Yes

>  Which is  not as  clearly defined as it should be.

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Security/EOLPolicy

But yes, the wiki needs a major cleanup.

> I personally feel that extras should be EOL
> when legacy stops supporting the release.

Yes, quoting "When the Fedora Project drops support for a Fedora Core
release the corresponding Fedora Extras is also dropped [...]". Read
"Fedora Project" as Fedora Legacy in this case.

[...]

CU
thl